SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Data Dude

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Data Dude
scanepa

Post Data Dude Reply with quote
I can get SQL Assistant to work in Visual Studio, but when using Team for Database Professionals it only works when the file is not associated with a Schema Object. Is there a way to make this work?
Fri May 25, 2007 1:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That's because a different type of editor is used for object editing.

You need to modify target "Advanced..." options for VS. In SQL Assistant Options choose Targets, then select MS Visual Studio target then on the right hand side of the screen click Advanced then click the eclipse "..." button to expand Advanced options. Edit the "TargetWindowClass" option and add a comma following by the object editor window class. To find out object editor window class you need to use some kind of Window Spy utility. One is provided for example with the Visual Studio full edition.

Another way to get what you want is to press Ctrl+F5 hot key in VS while the cursor is in the object editor and when SQL Assistant's Target Options dialog will popup, choose T-SQL and other options for a new target and save new target with a different name, for example, "Visual Studio Object Editor." In this case you don't need to know the window class name.

Hope this helps.
Fri May 25, 2007 8:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
scanepa

Post Thanks Reply with quote
Using Ctrl-F5 worked. The first time it told me it was an unsupport window class, but I tried it again and it worked.

This is a big plus and will make my life a lot easier. Your product is the only one I found that will allow me to do this. Most other programs like this one automatically picks up on the connection, but when working DB Pro you aren't actually connected and they won't work. This allows me to link SQL Assistant against my Sand Box to get my intellisense. You should actually post this all over Microsoft threads, because I am sure a lot people using DB Pro will want this.

Thanks
Sat May 26, 2007 10:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for nice words! We would be very grateful if you can recommend it to other people. You know when a post is made by a vendor it is considered as a solicitation.
Sun May 27, 2007 9:03 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: