SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
TargetWndProc Exception!

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
TargetWndProc Exception!
gemisigo

Post TargetWndProc Exception! Reply with quote
After adding some snippets and modifying them I keep getting this error whenever I click away from, click to or try to run script in SQL Server Management Studio. I sent the error report from the popup window and got issue tracking number #11302 and then tried to fix it.

I exported my formatting settings and snippets and restored the defaults which made the error vanish but after importing the formatting and snippets part of the export it's here again. I did that several times to check and it seem consistent in its behaviour.

Is it possible that the .sas file got somehow corrupted and that corruption is sticking to exported file as well?

I've had to manually export (copy-paste) my settings recently but I added dozens of new snippets since then and even using macros/AHK do accomplish the task it took some time and I really would not like to do that again. I can send the exported file (if required).
Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:48 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

I checked the submitted error report and I found it referring to Notepad++, not SSMS
Are you sure it is impacting SSMS too? Have you restarted all target editors after the change in the settings? Can you reproduce this issue after loading all default options?

By the way, our development team is looking into this issue already.

Thanks
Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:19 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Notepad++ was open, yes, I wanted to see if it was ssms the only one producing the error or not. I'll check this with only ssms and Chrome browser open and everything else closed. Will report back in a few minutes.
Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:24 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I uninstalled SQL Assistant, backed up the export file and restarted my machine. After reinstalling SQL Assistant and starting ssms there was no error. Importing the settings (formatting and snippets only) made the error reappear. I reloaded the defaults, and closed both ssms and SA. Restarted them, no errors. Closed ssms, imported settings, restarted SA, started ssms and the error was there again.

Perhaps I could import my settings step-by-step but it would be easier if I knew which part is causing this error (formatting, snippets, both or is there relation at all)?
Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:41 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I messed around with snippets and it is very likely that setting a snippet trigger to its last character is causing trouble here.
Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:47 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'd like to send you a private build for testing of this issue. I believe it has been resolved in that build. Please send an email to supportATsofttreetech.com with a reference to this message thread.
Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:54 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I did as you asked. Just wondering, are our email addresses not visible to you?
Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:08 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
For security and privacy reasons only limited access is available to the account data, and people sometimes prefer to use different emails for different types of contacts.
Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:25 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: