SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
PlSql developer multiple user support [Feature Request]

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
PlSql developer multiple user support [Feature Request]
n3xus

Post PlSql developer multiple user support [Feature Request] Reply with quote
I found current connection form very uncomfortable.

It pops up when I start typing and focuses on "TNS name" automatically. The thing is since i'm typing my "Tns name" is cleared and I have to enter it again and again.

I work with multiple databases, tns names, and accounts. I do login very frequently.

What I would like to see is I want login form to popup when I create new sql window or test window in plsql. Not when I start typing and accidentally clearing "Tns name".

Or better alternative would be get "user account" and "Tns name" from plsql and check if those two fields matching any record in Db options->Db connections and if found login automatically. Else Focus on "Tns name".
Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Which SQL Editor do you use?
Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
n3xus

Post Reply with quote
plsql Developer
Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
When you open new editor, press Ctrl+Space, this will make SQL Assistant prompt you for database connection.

Another option is to enable automatic connections in SQL Assistant options, basically this will make it connect automatically to the last database server (TNS) associated with the target editor when a new editor window is opened. No interactive connection prompts will appear. But a non-interrupting hint will appear for a few seconds above the system tray icon indicating that new connection, connection details will be in the message. If you see that connection is wrong, click the hint to change it. Or at any time right-click in the Editor and use SQL Assistant -> Connect menu.
Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:50 am View user's profile Send private message
fateswing

Post Reply with quote
Hi , Could you tell me how to make the SQL Assistant work in PL/SQL Developer ?
Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:21 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
If you have SQL Assistant running in the system tray, it should just work, nothing special is required. To test, Open SQL Editor, type SEL, a popup should appear suggesting SELECT and other options for the code entry. If it doesn't popup, press Ctrl+Shift+F5 key. What do you get after that?

Which version of PL/SQL Developer are you using? SQL Assistant version?
Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: