SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Support VS Code?

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Support VS Code?
John Barone

Post Support VS Code? Reply with quote
Any chance that SQL Assistant can attach to the new VS Code product (http://code.visualstudio.com)? I'm looking for something lightweight for working with SQL scripts, and this might very well meet the bill. But I would need SQL Assistant to come along for the ride...

Thanks in advance.
Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:13 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm afraid the current version 1.0 of VS Code cannot be supported in its current incarnation. It's not a true Windows type of application, the editor part isn't even a window or a separate control.

As for the light-weight tool for editing SQL scripts, SQL Assistant comes with two prepackaged editors, a lightweight Standard Edition version and a Professional version. The first one is available in all SQL Assistant license types, the second only in the Professional Edition. Have you tried them before?
Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
John Barone

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply. I had no idea that VS Code works in the way that you describe. I haven't tried the SQL Assistant editor as of yet. I will certainly give it a try. The one thing it lacks is the ability to create projects or group files. I liked the idea of having ad-hoc projects based upon the contents of a given folder.
Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: