SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.185 Pro] - Menu issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.185 Pro] - Menu issues
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Mindflux wrote:

I wonder if this is a locale thing? My context menu shows but I've also never tried to customize it and see if it breaks. Does your path have any special characters or anything ?

I don't think it is. I use Win 10 Pro x64 and while Country or region is set to Hungary the language is set to English (United States). SA is installed to the default path, no special character.
Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi all. We were able to reproduce this issue using the provided SAS file. It's specific to 64-bit version of SA SQL Editor.
Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:40 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
The menu issue is fixed.
Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:37 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much for confirming that.

Here is a summary of our internal discussions about copying execution plan to a file or clipboard. Unfortunately presently there is no solution for automating that kind of operation. A couple of proposals have been considered so far but neither has been accepted. This topic for implementing a set of more robust automation functions is still in review, but the required implementation doesn't seem to be trivial and it's unlikely that anything is going to be done between significant maintenance releases.
Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Well, I could fully automate the feature I originally requested using AutoHotkey in case the panel showing the execution plan in XML would respect hotkeys as it should. Neither Ctrl+A nor Ctrl+C works there. If you could make those comply it'd be fine. Currently I have to use context menu to switch to show XML, then click the panel to make it active and use a series of different hotkeys (Ctrl+Home followed by a Shift+Ctrl+End and Ctrl+Insert instead of Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C) to put the execution plan on the clipboard.
Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
So now that the menu is fixed I tried to go add SQL Sentry Plan Explorer to it, but the dialog box says that item already exists (I tried to add it about the same time gemisigo did). It doesn't show in the list items and "reset menu" doesn't fix it.
Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:42 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Well I removed it out of the SQLAssist.sas file, so maybe we need a bug report that "Reset Menu" doesn't work?
Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:45 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Mindflux wrote:
Well I removed it out of the SQLAssist.sas file, so maybe we need a bug report that "Reset Menu" doesn't work?

Have you closed Beyond Compare? I noticed that if it holds the file, SA Options is unable to save changes. Still, it reports no errors and disables Apply button silently, or closes the window with OK button without any warning that changes are going to be lost.

I also noticed that lately in Beyond Compare it is compared as hexa instead of as text. Were there any changes that could throw off BC so that it thinks the file is hexa?
Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:11 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
Mindflux wrote:

Have you closed Beyond Compare? I noticed that if it holds the file, SA Options is unable to save changes. Still, it reports no errors and disables Apply button silently, or closes the window with OK button without any warning that changes are going to be lost.

I also noticed that lately in Beyond Compare it is compared as hexa instead of as text. Were there any changes that could throw off BC so that it thinks the file is hexa?

I didn't have BC open.
Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:11 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Mindflux wrote:

I didn't have BC open.

Anything else that could have its claw dug into the .sas file?
Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:12 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
Mindflux wrote:

I didn't have BC open.

Anything else that could have its claw dug into the .sas file?

Not that I can tell. I was able to edit the parts out with Notepad++ and save it, it didn't warn me something had a lock on it.
Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:14 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
It might not be BC after all. I made 7 attempts. The first one had BD open and .sas was impervious to changes made in SA Options. After that I made another try with BC closed and changes made through. The consecutive 2 pairs of experiments showed that when BC was open SA couldn't apply any changes. But on the 7th try it was saved even with BC open so not being able to save changes when BC open must have been a coincidence. I'm confused.

EDIT: I still don't have SA context menu shown in SE.

EDIT2: I changed the topic to Menu issues
Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:24 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Mindflux wrote:

I entered new bug report for Reset Menu misbehavior #SA0030224

gemisigo wrote:
I still don't have SA context menu shown in SE

Just to be sure we aren't overlooking something simple there, could you please post a small screenshot of your options, the Advanced section expanded for "SQL Assistant Code Editor" target?
Here is mine

If the values in Options do match and you still cannot see it in the context menu, I will ask the team to provide some sort of diagnostic utility or a method for debugging this issue. I don't know if you are the only one seeing it, but I haven't found anything similar in the support database and haven't heard from anyone else talking about missing items in the context menu.
Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Sure. Here it is:

The settings match, at least partially, but I guess the significant ones are the same.
Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:15 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We are going to send you a special build to troubleshoot this issue and other issues you reported for the source code control interface. I hope that's ok. Hopefully it can be ready tomorrow.
Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: