SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Problem with "show procedure code" and sql server

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Problem with "show procedure code" and sql server
maxpesola

Post Problem with "show procedure code" and sql server Reply with quote
Sql Server 2005 sp2 italian, winxp sp3 (all updated) , Sql Assistant 3.5.21 and 3.5.26 (downloaded today)
When i have more procedures in the same query page , sql assistant wrongs to open the right procedure using the "show procedure code" (or CTRL+Mouse keys) , it opens the previous sp above the selected / clicked, for example if i wrote into a new query:
Quote:
spexample1

spexample2

spexample3

it opens spexample1 if i "ctrl+mouse" on spexample2 , it opens spexample2 if i "ctrl+mouse" on spexample3 (the same if i use the menu instead of ctrl+mouse)
It's very boring this bug...
Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:40 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for reporting this issue. We will check it and it is confirmed as a bug, we will fix it in one of the following maintenance releases.
Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:04 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
By the way, this occurs only if you input procedure names as in your example. However if you enter them correctly, using correct SQL syntax, then the Show Procedure Code feature works correctly

Code:
EXEC spexample1 parameters1

EXEC spexample2 parameters2

EXEC spexample3 parameters3

Last edited by SysOp on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:07 am View user's profile Send private message
maxpesola

Post Reply with quote
You are right but often i copy only the procedures or functions from other programs or queries (then without the right formatting) to open these speedly (i think that the ctrl-click method is very fast), if you can fix it...
Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:51 am View user's profile Send private message
maxpesola

Post Reply with quote
I've tried the 3.5.30 and the problem seems vanished , thanks !
But i've a question , when i use the 'INSERT' or 'UPDATE' statement , sqla auto-show the colums if i write the query from the very beginning only , if i already wrote 'INSERT INTO' and i select the table the colums do not show .
Also, if i use the ctrl+space combination with a partial name table (like "INSERT partial_tablename" or "INSERT INTO partial_tablename" or "UPDATE partial_tablename") and i select the right table, the colums do not appear.
Is it normally or is there an option?
Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:04 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm not sure I understand. When I type INSERT INTO, get a popup and locate the required table, if I expand the table level, I can choose which columns I want to insert. Same thing, if I already have a table INSERT INTO mytable, I press Ctrl+Space and I get list of columns, I can choose columns that I want and have them inserted into the text.
Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:31 am View user's profile Send private message
maxpesola

Post Reply with quote
Sorry , i wanted to say the "Auto Expand SQL Code" feature, when all the columns are automatically written into query ...
Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:16 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yes, that "Auto Expand SQL Code" feature is only activated after the first keyword. It works much like auto-generated code snippets feature, not exactly like a regular popup containing list of items, although the appearance is similar.
Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:53 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: