SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Code Execution History bug

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Code Execution History bug
gemisigo

Post Code Execution History bug Reply with quote
The filter input box is buggy. Typing characters will narrow the list but pressing Backspace will remove characters from the code editor instead of the filter input box.
Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The behavior of Backspace and some other special keys depends on the editors implementation. Please try the same in a different editor an it could be working there just fine. Which editor are you using now?
Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I'm using SSMS for SQL Server and Notepad++ for MySQL and you're right, it works properly in Notepad++. The reason I still think it's a bug is that it's very similar (almost identical) to another issue related the filter box of the Reference tab (read the bottom of this post here) I reported quite a long time ago and that one has been resolved. I guess the same (kind of) fix could be applied here as well.
Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:23 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post [SA 6.4.199 preview] Code execution history Reply with quote
Provided that this is going to be solved sometime, it is still an issue in 6.4.199 preview.
Wed May 22, 2013 3:44 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
i'm a bit confused here. the title of this topic refers to History Code Execution, but in the text you talk about code filtering within popups.

Would you please provide a step-by-step an example describing how to reproduce this issue?
Wed May 22, 2013 8:43 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
i'm a bit confused here. the title of this topic refers to History Code Execution, but in the text you talk about code filtering within popups.

Would you please provide a step-by-step an example describing how to reproduce this issue?

I'm confused as well :) I haven't mentioned popups anywhere in my post. I was only referring to the filter box. It is very easy to reproduce. Using SSMS editor and either F5 for SSMS or the hotkey for SA run several queries. Then using the hotkey (default: Alt+F12, if I recall correctly) invoke the Code Execution History panel. You've got the filter box at the top of it, typing into that filters out queries in the history. But Backspace, Delete, and cursor keys have no effect on the contents of the filter box, they affect the contents of the code editor.
Wed May 22, 2013 8:51 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: