SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.1.276 Pro] - Snippets (not) triggering in comments

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.1.276 Pro] - Snippets (not) triggering in comments
gemisigo

Post [SA 9.1.276 Pro] - Snippets (not) triggering in comments Reply with quote
I noticed that SA no longer triggers snippets using last character when they're typed in comments. Was this change intentional?

UPDATE: Hmm... It might not be the case after all. I managed to trigger them a few times. It just does not seem to work reliably.
Tue May 16, 2017 6:31 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Could that be a timing issue? Maybe it's busy running something else and cannot execute the snippet because the connection is busy? If you can reproduce it again, please wait for a little while.
Tue May 16, 2017 7:23 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
It could if there was anything running. I noticed that snippets tend to not execute $$...$$ macros when triggered in medias res. But there wasn't. I narrowed it down to two very simple cases. If it is a multi-line comment (the /* */ sort) it works. If it's the single line one (the -- type) it doesn't.
Tue May 16, 2017 9:25 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thanks a ton for narrowing it down to a reproducible case. I'm going to submit a bug report to have this fixed as quickly as possible.
Tue May 16, 2017 9:33 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Thanks, but I'm not sure it needs fixing. It only affects one specific use case (adding example calls/selects to objects for test cases), and now that I know its limitations I think I can easily live with them. Actually, I've already modified the snippets that used this as a feature. I suggest you don't bother with it (unless, of course, other users complain about it).
Tue May 16, 2017 10:02 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: