SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
How to configure UltraEdit Portable

 
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
How to configure UltraEdit Portable
Author Message
SqlExplorer



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 34
Country: United States

Post How to configure UltraEdit Portable Reply with quote
Hi,

Is it possible to set up Sql Assistant to work with the Portable version of Ultra Edit? It works fine in UltraEdit and Notepad, but I'm not clear on how to add support.

The ultra edit portable executable is located at

..\PortableApps\UltraEdit Portable\UltraEditPortable.exe



How do we attach am image, to this post? I'd like to display a print screen of my Ultra Edit portable settings.

When I try to Add Image to post, my agency says I don't have permission to visit this site, doesn't allow browsing File host category, and says I tried to visit http://postimages.org/upload?mode=phpbb&tpl=GreenTech&forumurl=http%3A//www.softtr....

Is there another way, to add an attachment?


Here's the xml that represents the current Ultra Edit Portable settings:

<targets_item>
<caption>UltraEdit Portable</caption>
<exeName>UltraEditPortable.exe</exeName>
<exeTitle></exeTitle>
<clsName>EditControl</clsName>
<assist>SQL Server</assist>
<rules>T-SQL Default Style</rules>
<snips>T-SQL Snippets</snips>
<rfRules>SQL Server Refactoring</rfRules>
<autoConn></autoConn>
<scsPrj></scsPrj>
<exportFmt></exportFmt>
<docFileMask></docFileMask>
</targets_item>
</targets>
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:59 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 6484

Post Reply with quote
If you have an option to upload your images to a different web site, please provide the link to the image file.
If there is no such option available, please send an email to support and attach all files to the email, Please reference this post and we will add your images to the post.
Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:12 am View user's profile Send private message
SqlExplorer



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 34
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
Should be in Support's inbox, now.

If we can't make this work, then I'll just order another copy of UE Studio. It's possible that I have a multi-licence copy, with at least one left; gotta look that up.

SysOp wrote:
If you have an option to upload your images to a different web site, please provide the link to the image file.
If there is no such option available, please send an email to support and attach all files to the email, Please reference this post and we will add your images to the post.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:17 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 6484

Post Reply with quote
Here is the screenshot

Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:26 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 6484

Post Reply with quote
When you're in the editor, and the edit focus is set, and you press Ctrl+Shift+F5, what do you get?
Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:28 am View user's profile Send private message
SqlExplorer



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 34
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
Yes, that was the problem.

However, there's an interesting difference between running queries in the Notepad++ editor, and in UltraEdit Portable. I can highlight an individual query in Notepad++, and it will run the query without error. But when I highlight an individual query, even something simple like SELECT SYSDATETIME(), it will return an error, like it's looking for the date function in a specific database and can't find a field.

In order to run a query in UltraEdit Portable, you have to highlight nothing, and then just run it, as if you were running the entire file.






SysOp wrote:
When you're in the editor, and the edit focus is set, and you press Ctrl+Shift+F5, what do you get?

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
SqlExplorer



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 34
Country: United States

Post Reply with quote
I forgot all about this thread.

Final verdict - I decided to just use the Sql Editor, for anything Sql Related. It seems insane now, to waste time trying to tweak things with different editors, when the native editor is full featured, and built specifically to integrate with Sql Assistant.

I can still copy and paste things into Ultra Edit, for any text processing that needs to be done.

Solved.


SqlExplorer wrote:
Yes, that was the problem.

However, there's an interesting difference between running queries in the Notepad++ editor, and in UltraEdit Portable. I can highlight an individual query in Notepad++, and it will run the query without error. But when I highlight an individual query, even something simple like SELECT SYSDATETIME(), it will return an error, like it's looking for the date function in a specific database and can't find a field.

In order to run a query in UltraEdit Portable, you have to highlight nothing, and then just run it, as if you were running the entire file.






SysOp wrote:
When you're in the editor, and the edit focus is set, and you press Ctrl+Shift+F5, what do you get?

Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:    
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Design by Freestyle XL / Flowers Online.